Wednesday, July 4, 2007

There are faces I will remember all my life..Though some have gone and some remain...

My dad had a transferable job so we used to move around a lot .. I have changed five - six schools in all ... Although I have managed to keep in touch with all my close friends but sometimes on a rainy day when I have a cup of coffee in my hand I wonder about people whose names are no longer etched in my memory but whose faces I keep dreaming of ...These were not close friends ,maybe not even acquaintances ... This could be someone who used to be in the same bus .. a guy whom I had a crush in school but never even got to know his name ....
It could be that girl on my bus stop when I was in my second grade .. I remember we had a lot of meaningful conversations while we waited for the bus .. (about the neighbor’s dog who had puppies in our garden last night , about how many planes went past my house last night , about the new teacher who gave so much homework ... ) I wonder what that girl whose name I did not bother to remember must be upto .. Is she still skinny and tall ..Is she doing better than me ..More importantly does she remember me .. Does my face haunt her the way her face haunts me on lonely nights.. Does she think of me fondly ...

There are so many such faces .. Mysterious faces .. These are the faces which make my past ... I wouldn't have had memories if they were not there ...

I had a friend in fifth standard who was my playmate .. We used to go to the same school and lived in the same colony .. They were five sisters ...I used to spend a lot of time at her place .. Sometimes in my dreams I see myself in that dark house ... I can hear her parents shouting at each other ..
It all comes back to me .. But when I wake up it's gone .. I forget about her as I brace myself to face a new day .. a new challenge .. But while I am taking that bus drive to office I think about my dream and wonder what my friend must be upto now ... what she must be doing right now...

Some of these faces which keep coming back to me have names ..... Thanks to orkut I have been able to find these faces.. Some of them remember me .. Although it gives me immense joy to hear from them ,I don't know what to say to them .. I don't know where we last left our conversation. I don't even know if there was any .. The fact is I don't want to know what those people are upto today .. I don't want to know if they are married and have children... Because I want to wonder ...Next time it rains I want to daydream about these people .. I don't want to know where they are now because with them , I am still living in the past ...

No comments:

Post a Comment