Tuesday, April 22, 2008

hmmm...

According to Romanian grammer hmmm - is said when thinking .. In the era of internet lingo where conversations are becoming shorter everyday , hmmm has taken over( rather hm ).. Often I am having this animated chat with a friend and I say something really thought provoking and all I get is hmm .. I am not sure most people here know what it means .. you ask them if they like a particular song and they go hmmmmm.... does that mean you are thinking !! you tell them you saw this really cool movie and they say hmmmm.. whatever happened to yes ,no ,ok .... Those are not big words ..you don't have to rack ur brain for those .. It's not like u r groping for words here ..I don't understand the obsession with hmmm .. I want to pull my hair out everytime someone says that.. I am thinking are you bored already !! people ask you what you did on the weekend and you give them a detailed version of all that you did ,where all you went ,you bitch about this and that and in the end all you get is a hmmm .. You feel like you are talking to yourself .. anyways hmmmmm to you toooo

No comments:

Post a Comment