Sunday, May 22, 2011

Virgil the Hamster

Every day I peek outside,searching for a familiar soul,lurking in the darkness somewhere
Every day I am disappointed...
Every day I console myself with the melody of laughter of imaginary friends,floating through the abyss
Every day I am enlightened...
Every day I go back in time and think of all the good times we had , not so many winters ago
Every day I shake myself back to reality..
"You have dug too deep", says the Missus ..."They don’t venture so deep anymore"
They all scurry along just below the surface...Merry as ever ..
Every day I hope..

4 comments:

  1. A lot of times i dont understand poetry and I dont claim to have understood it but I loved it.

    All that deep digging has given it a lot of depth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee thanks S :) You are kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a lot of reminiscing but to move forward we must sometime purge the old. The life you've lived definitely has a hand in who you are in your present but does not mean there isn't more that awaits to define you, help you, change you, make you better than yesterday....your past is a part of you but your future always awaits to embrace you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sidra, I agree with what you are saying ..Although when I wrote this , I was thinking about how we do not connect with people on a deeper level anymore and how most of our relationships are getting more and more superficial everyday.This is not necessarily about holding on to your past but mostly how I feel about the changing face of "Friendship"..Also I think even though we should embrace our future , change may not always make way for something better..Although we can only hope.

    A post can only be what the reader interprets it to be though, and I am glad that this one can open all these possibilities..Thanks for the visit :)

    ReplyDelete