Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Other Day


This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 21; the twenty-first edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

The other day, I was a little girl again, making a bouquet from wild flowers with friends…

The other day, I was riding my bike, free falling with my arms wide in the air…

The other day, I was sitting in the dickey seat of my father’s car, with my legs dangling outside…

The other day, I was listening to the radio, singing along with every song they played…

The other day, I was reading my favourite book again, atop the guava tree in my backyard…

The other day I was keeling over with laughter, over a joke I had heard again…

The other day, I was a growing up in a small town, far away from the shimmer of the city lights…

The other day, I was learning to play the guitar, hoping to be a rock star someday…

The other day, I wanted to become a lawyer. To fight for truth and everything else I stood for …

The other day, I would have taken a bullet for my friends; I loved them to death…

The other day, I was hopelessly in love, never thought the feeling would fade…

The other day, I was home again; amongst familiar chatter and buzzing door bells…

The other day, I was trying to find the broken pieces…

Hoping it would feel just like the other day …
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

27 comments:

  1. Poignant. Simply put, Out of all the posts submitted so far, I like yours the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shilpa, Thanks so much for the encouragement..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would second what Shipra said above... very nicely written

    ATB for BAT

    Read mine at The Other Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ashish, Thank you ! ATB to you too ..Will check out your entry soon !

    ReplyDelete
  5. poignant post.. awesomely written.. Wanna know what happened the other day?

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks Sush :) You do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have put all your emotions on your "the other day". Perhaps it's tangible. I am wondering if you managed to find those broken pieces? Good job!

    Sureindran - The Other Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sureindran, Thanks ! You presume all these emotions are mine :) I am not so sure though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the best posts I have read in this month's BAT. I was touched.
    It makes me think how important childhood is, now that I'm taking a big leap into the changes of life.
    Amazing post.
    All the best for BAT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey thanks D2.. I guess I miss the simplicity of life as it was when we were kids and deeply mourn the loss of innocence..

    ReplyDelete
  11. i thought I liked your prose and how you write but I think this is another ball game altogether and M I have to say this demands RESPECT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply fanastic. Missing childhood, good post

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Srikanth, thanks for visiting ..Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ S , you embarrass me *blush* * blush * ..Thanks so much though..Your thumbs up means so much to me :

    ReplyDelete
  15. And about these days also you would feel ..ah! the other day!!' That is the beauty of life. Well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ATVS, I agree.In Hindsight life seems more becoming :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. captures all the feelings perfectly...good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You encompassed a whole world, into the Other Day. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you sure did put the peices together, the othe day... nice read...

    ATB

    Though choice to make--- wife or Peace of mind...
    Find out what happened - The Other Day on my blog -THE SILENT WORDS

    ReplyDelete
  20. very nice post.....
    Best of LUCK for BAT :)

    ReplyDelete