Wednesday, August 5, 2009

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

I don't remember when I got hooked on to friends.What I do remember though is my mom not being amused about my new found addiction.She didn't like what she heard between the lines :) Must have been about ten years ago.Probably the time around which they started airing it in India.I was hooked before I knew.Even today nothing cheers me up like friends.I have watched all episodes atleast four times and they still make me laugh,cry,sigh,dream...
Now this post is strictly for Friends lovers(Reader Discretion is advised).Infact this post of mine is dedicated to F.R.I.E.N.D.S.Here are a few things that I love about the sitcom -
---I love Chandler's jokes . I mean if he were real he would have been the wittiest person I would have known.
---I love Rachel's style.I mean I love all her clothes.Hers would be my ideal wardrobe.In the first two three seasons she looks absolutely stunning.
--- I think there is a bit of Monika in me.I may not be the control freak(Or maybe I am ) but I can relate to her.Like her I know I am high maintenance and not easy going :) But like Chandler says the best way to look at it is to say that she is passionate :)
--- Of all the characters Phoebe is my least favourite.I think she is a bit over the top but I think she adds some punch to the show.Some of the things she does is unreal.I absolutely loved this show where she has this argument with Ross over evolution. I kinda had a similar discussion with friends and it was really funny.
--- I love the comfort level all friends share with each other.Their onscreen chemistry is amazing.In most scenes involving all the principal characters , if only two of them are having a conversation, the rest of them are seen listening in or doing their own thing or just chatting amongst themselves.I think it is as real as it can get.You start believing it ..You start living it . I mean I used to imagine episodes on my own and in real life scenarios keep wondering how the "Friends" would have dealt with it.(This is where you star thinking I am little wonky in the head :) )
---I love how they are so open about their relationship with each other.It's like unconditional love.I could tell you anything and you won't hold it against me.
---I like the fact that Monika who brings in so much competition in everything is never really jealous.
--- I love the fact that there is no competition when it comes to spending time with each other.As in Joey likes to spend as much time with Ross as Chandler.I know they do have biases but then that doesn't affect anything.Each of them is comfortable about the relationship he or she shares with the other person.
---How they are all on each others priority list.How many of us do that.Don't we think of friends only when there is nothing to do or when we are sad and lonely.Most of them are need based relationships.Our friends are not our lives.They used to be when we were in college,in hostels,in Pg's but then you are just supposed to move on with life right.Our lives don't revolve around ou friends anymore.Wouldn't life be better if it did.If you had this support circle.We all need love but are so unwilling to give it.
So all you mommies who are reluctant to let their teenage kids watch friends , please note that it is more than cheeky jokes and adult content.

2 comments:

  1. Never knew you wrote a blog di!
    Like the candid yet simple style of writing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mugdha, I want to write a similar post as this one. I share some of your views. The only big difference will be that I loved Phoebe. :)

    ReplyDelete