Friday, August 28, 2009

People say Mumbai is vitalizing,stimulating... I agree.
The place were my parents stay is surrounded by high-rise buildings.When you look out the window you see all these places teeming with life.You have a front seat view into a myriad of lives.
I have always been fascinated by the thought of what's going on inside these houses.When I see a teenager flipping through TV channels alone in some drawing room ,it gets me nostalgic.. I wonder if he is hurt in love.. I wonder what he is thinking .. I wonder what's cooking in the kitchen.In fact It captures my imagination.I put dialogues to these distant vague scenes... They become my modern day fairy tales..
I can't help but think if we all want to live in a dream.. Isn't that why we love our movies so much (Especially the ones with happy endings) They help us escape reality..We all become the protagonist.

Come to think of it , after a point of time even our past becomes a fantasy.In hindsight everything looks sunnier. Every time you meet old friends we can't stop talking about the good old days.
Why is that in retrospect the grass looks greener on our side whereas the present is always uninspiring ?

Can reality be never gratifying ? Or does fantasizing make reality endurable?
I think in today's busy world it is too much to stop and appreciate what you have.
We may have learnt to wake up and smell the coffee but we also have to start enjoying it .

2 comments:

  1. Living the dream is good or bad? I can called myself a dreamer but when I see what happened to them, I began to think why I dream? Neither I can be in dreams nor I can be in reality...Do you know where I live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mughdha, Read a few of your recent posts and liked them. I should tell you that I found that both of us think alike in some ways. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete