Sunday, August 9, 2009

To mom on her 50th Birthday

This is a message from a daughter to her Mom on her 50th birthday ..

Today my mom completes 50 years of her life .. I can't think of her being anything but my mother ...what a humongous task it must be .. I guess you start appreciating your mother more after marriage ..you realize what big sacrifices they make for you .. Every time I complain about my husband blissfully watching TV while I toil in the kitchen I realize how my mother did that day in and day out without ever really complaining .. It makes me realize how I have always taken her love,patience and tolerance for granted .. How I was always too busy to appreciate all the small things she did for me ..the very small things which drive me crazy today ..

My mother never had it easy .. As back as I go there were always someone to be taken to the hospital ,someone to be picked from the station ,someone to be served dinner ..When I was growing up I and my uncle were quite a handful and I am sure we did everything to make her life miserable .. I also remember all the laughs we had ..She is someone who doesn't get daunted by difficult situations .. She is one of the strongest women I know and manages to smile through all her troubles .. Today when I am upset because of a bad day in office and I have people coming over for dinner I realize how my mother did all that effortlessly and with a smile on her face ...always selfless and giving ..

I used to hate her for not letting me go out for movies with my friends back in school and roll my eyes every time I got a lecture .. But today I cannot thank her enough for making me the person I am .. for instilling in me to always do the right thing ,for making me fiercely independent and strong ,for equipping me with all the right weapons to face the big bad world ..for forcing me to always see the good in people .. for letting me know that I always have her love and support to fall back on no matter what ...

Dear mom

Today as you complete 50 years of your life l would like to tell you that you are an inspiration for me and that I would consider my life well spent if my children think of me as highly as I think of you .

Love
Mugdha

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!
    Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
    hkpanda.freetzi.com

    ReplyDelete