Monday, September 14, 2009

Change is challenging

When I first started working, it took me just a couple of months to realize that life was never going to be the same again(In so many ways).I realized gone were the days when I could watch the sun set over the city,when I could spend lazy afternoons,when I could finish a book overnight,when I could do everything I wanted to.I convinced myself that I had too much on my plate and that propping myself on the bed and watching some mindless show on TV was all that my tired self could.
Once I got married though I realized I could make breakfast,clean house,be productive in office,make dinner,spend quality time with my husband all in one day.
To be frank I don't enjoy it much .I keep complaining about how I take on more than I can handle (Rather more than I should ).But as I am engrossed in self pity I recognize that people around me do so much more.They do part time courses,look after their kids(which is a huge responsibility),Do social work,pursue their hobbies....
I realize how I gave up everything so easily .. how I was convinced I couldn't take on more..
As I rediscover the joy of reading and writing it dawns upon me that we don't challenge ourselves enough.. that we hold back from giving our best..
I think we are the happiest when we give our best and it is important to keep yourself motivated.Change not only motivates you it also sometimes tests you. Sometimes these trials leave you rejuvenated,help you rediscover yourself and make you realize that you can take on MORE

3 comments:

  1. succinctly written...

    evrthing accepted but to challenge yourself...you need to have desires at first place...isnt it ?
    and if we desire more most of the things will fall into place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes circumstances ,destiny,people and other things beyond your control may bring about a change..and that change can be challenging

    ReplyDelete