Monday, September 14, 2009

Summer breaks

As I sit in my office on sunny September day, trying hard to concentrate(It being Monday doesn't help),watching the sun bounce off on the tall buildings from my glass window ,I am transported to another era.The era of leisure without guilt...When your life centered around summer holidays...
Oh how I miss my summer breaks..
The good old times when all my time was spent cycling,playing monoply,sketching,reading,
playing sitoliya(seven stones),flying kites and taking long afternoon naps.When the only thing to worry about was whether there would be enough flat stones for sitoliya or which would be the next book to read.
I wonder why  adults don't get summer breaks.The only time we take off from work is when we are visiting family or taking a vacation .These short vacations are always hectic and there's always something to do(visiting places,visiting relatives..).
Oh what would I do to just sit back and relax without having to worry about anything.To read a book all day (hopefully finish it )..to listen to my favorite music for hours or to just sleep all day..
I remember on just one such sunny day (a long time ago) ,with a book in my hand and dreams in my eyes I wondered how life in the outside world would be like..
Today when the outside world has engulfed me all I really want to do is go back to that summery day.

No comments:

Post a Comment