Monday, September 14, 2009

Why women powder their noses so often -

Prologue :

Now before we begin let me clarify that I hate going to the restroom.So much so that I am often accused by mother of not drinking enough water just to avoid going to the loo.....

Chapter 1,2,3...

The IT boom along with so many other things brought about the culture of ornamental public restrooms..
On my first day on the job the thing that struck me most was the huge ,deluxe restroom.My eyes lit up when I saw the electric hand dryer and since it had been days since I had seen myself in a full blown mirror,I just stood there amazed...

Chapter 4,5,6...

As days progressed and I became a frequent visitor to the restroom(more than my mother could imagine ),I became party to all the goings ons in the restroom (besides the obvious(and no i wasn't party to that)).Now to come to our main point of analysis as to why women frequent the restroom (and why they go there in groups).Well let's just say that the powder room is the only place where women can let their hair down(literally).It is this cozy comfortable place where you can escape those prowling eyes(yeah we know when we are being stared at)..It's like you are under constant scrutiny which puts us on our guard all the time.So restroom is the only place where you can roll your eyes as much as you want,play with your hair,giggle and do all girly things without having to bother about who is noticing you (or whether you are giving anyone any wrong signals).It's like being in a girls hostel all over again.It is THE place where women bond.. They talk about boyfriends/husbands,mother's in law,crushes,roommates,movies,fashion,makeup...It's like the chai ki bandi for guys,where they can swear all they want to and talk about women (yeah we know you don't talk about sports ).

The End :

Unlike what men think we girls have a lot of fun by ourselves(If we are left alone every once in a while) and we need a lot of female bonding and loving.That is what keeps us going..
So now you know why we go to powder our noses so often..why we need a breather every once in a while..a breather from all the hysteria that surrounds us ..
So if you hear a lot of giggles when you cross the ladies restroom please don't pry and don't ask us what goes on inside and why we go there so often..For once just let us be..


P.S We do "Powder our noses in there" ..but then it is just a pretext    ..

6 comments:

  1. "It's like being in a girls hostel all over again.It is THE place where women bond.. It's like the chai ki bandi for guys,where they can swear all they want to and talk about women (yeah we know you don't talk about sports )".....superb lines ...that's the one of the reason why girls take so much of time in rest room ,best place for girls chit chat in office....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God!!! After reading this I m feeling like "ohhh Thank you god for making me guy!!" (so that I can express my self freely anywhere without worrying abt who is listening and stare at anybody , anytime, anywhere!! And nobody bothers to look at me if i danced naked on jam-packed MG road!!! muhahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can always try pushkar ..maybe someone will notice after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!!! DANCING NAKED ON MG ROAD!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeee ...(though it will be like dreams come true but still) ....next day I have to come to office so... :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont know why ... but i am actually irritated by these kinda stuff...I mean you go to a restroom to maybe blow your nose when you have a cold and then there are like a group of girls who are there not to do the obvious but just blabber..and trust me you dont escape the prawling eyes even if you are there in the rest room if you know what i mean , cmon ... go somewhere else why the rest room ???? another incident that comes to my mind is when one of my colleagues was having a bad stomach and had to go to the rest room all the doors engaged and whats happening inside??? people talking to their boyfrends or frends or whatever..... cmon .... there was something that i had thought at that moment of frustration . ... have a camera fit in the rest room that would click your photo if you were in there for more than 10 min and an announcement of "come out or you are going live on office video" ........yeahh i know thats not gonna work ..maybe someday when i have my own office hahahahah but yeah this wouldnt be a part of my private restroom ofcourse ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha ha I agree that some women are over the top and their restroom rituals are very irritating ..but girls will be girls :) I hope you are never successful with your camera idea though :)

    ReplyDelete