Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The thing about appreciation is ...

I started writing this blog out of my love for writing.It was like my online journal.Since I spend 10 hrs in front of the computer every day, I figured this was the best medium to express myself.
For a long time I did not share the blog with anyone.My only faithful follower was my dear husband.Considering it was young love and all, he appreciated everything I wrote and encouraged me to write more.He also encouraged me to  share the blog with other people(Maybe because he did not want to suffer alone).
With a lot of ado and hesitation ( I am a shy girl),I started sharing my blog with a few close friends and family.I got a positive response and people started appreciating my writing skills and all (mostly my mother).This encouraged me to share it with a wider audience and  thus began my blog promotion phase.
I put up my blog link on my gmail status,on my facebook profile,spread the word around(Being in an IT company helps :) ),sent mails to everyone(After all this i started considering a career in marketing) .....
I learnt to start conversations with "yeah i know! in fact in my blog...." or "I totally agree , If you read my blog..."
I also started reading other blogs and leaving witty comments on posts hoping they would want to know more about me (Check my profile and find my blog link basically).Every fifteen minutes I would check if i had any unmoderated comments..(Ok maybe five)
While I was busy with all this I realized I wasn't writing much.No matter how much I racked my brains (Nothing fell through), I couldn't think of interesting ideas to write about.
As I decided to wait for the idea to come (While I basked in my past glories ), I wondered what all this was about.Why was i writing this blog?It had all started with my love for writing...But the thing about appreciation is that....(it gets to your head)

1 comment:

  1. Well, at last Mugdha got me to leave a comment. Of late i started ignoring her online as she would remind me to leave a comment. Then i thought, its better to comment rather than not talking to such a nice person. Don't get me wrong, her blogs are really interesting. there is not much gyaan stored there, neither she tries to do so. Her blogs are normal day to day things but put in a very simple but interesting manner. Best part, everything reminds you something of your own experience. Well done mugdha, love your blogs and loved your ideas even before reading your blogs. Only one request, Men may be dumb, but don't put it every time you blog.

    ReplyDelete